Hi! I’ve been meaning to share this super quick update on my truck. In my last post about the truck, found here, I shared some of my plans for lovin’ on my old truck, Lil’ Red. Well, I checked one thing off my list… The headliner.
Poor girl, her headliner was completely missing!
It was a super easy and relatively inexpensive fix.
First, I ordered a new press board headliner off of Ebay. It cost $63.
It looked exactly like this, but white.
Then, I hit up the fabric store for a yard and a half of lumberjack plaid flannel.
I basically just laid the flannel over the headliner and cut it to the exact size. Then, I used spray adhesive to glue the fabric to the board. If you choose to tackle such an odd task, my only recommendation is to start at the center line of the board and work your way out to the edges in order to prevent wrinkles or bubbles in the fabric. I worked in small areas glueing and smoothing out the fabric. I used this type of glue.
Then, all I had to do was take off the white, screwed on brackets and put the new headliner up.
(The little pointer fingers are showing you the white, metal brackets that secure the headliner to the ceiling.)
It was a little awkward putting the new one up there with one person, but I did it. It wasn’t pretty; try to imagine me laying on the bench seat with my feet on the ceiling holding the new headliner up there while I desperately tried to use the screw gun to fasten the brackets back on. It was one of those moments that I had to look around and make sure no one was watching me. 😉
Ok, well… Thanks for tolerating this silly post. Sometimes I get excited about the little accomplishments and it’s nice to be able to share them with my friends here.
*It’s also nice to have a project that only takes about an hour to finish-a rarity for me.*